St. Catherine Barracks
Located rue Général Barbot which separates it from Colaut Barracks. Built from 1889 to 1891 for the 159th Infantry Regiment (two battalions).
The barracks is made up of a collection of masonry buildings with hipped roofs covered with slates. The majority of buildings have an attic floor and a basement. There are two 3-storey buildings, one two-storey and one single-storey. Two buildings, on either side of the entrance, have a single ground floor with no attic or basement.
Consisting mainly of:
– two « troop » buildings (battalion buildings, 1875 portfolio type) n° 009 and 010, arranged to the left and right of the central courtyard. Identical buildings with four habitable levels, including a Mansard-style attic, plus an attic that can be visited and a partial basement
– a building (currently PC of the regiment-former infirmary) n°013 built after the two previous ones (1904), with three habitable levels including an attic à la Mansart, and partial basement. Building located at the back of the courtyard, U-shaped compared to the previous ones and offset from the main axis of the courtyard
– two buildings, 001 and 002, with a single ground floor, on either side of the entrance (police station, prison, general service, etc.)
– a building (007) with two habitable levels plus an attic and partial basement and various ancillary buildings, some of which are recent.